Free Reservations Required
The Manitou Incline is open. All users are required to make a free reservation online before their hike. This system is in response to concerns by the Manitou Springs City Council regarding crowding during the COVID-19 pandemic. The reservations will help staff manage the volume of people on the Incline at any given time.
Reservations are open seven days in advance. Be sure to bring your confirmation, either on your phone or printed. City of Colorado Springs Parks’ staff will greet you and check you in at the base of the Incline. You will be issued a wristband, which must be worn the entire time you are on the Incline.
· Reservations are available 6 a.m.–6 p.m., daily
· You can reserve more than one slot at a time, however, please only reserve days and times you plan to use. You may also reserve a time slot for another user, but please limit group reservations to four hikers per time slot.
· Up to 45 reservations are available for each 30-minute time slot.
Preparation and Safety
This is a vigorous and intense hike, complete with a false summit! The trail is recommended for physically active people and those adjusted to the elevation. Although the trail is just one mile in length, it is a 2,000 ft elevation gain straight up a steep, uneven staircase! Are you ready? Plan ahead and prepare!
· Bring plenty of water, snacks, and sunscreen.
· Make sure to properly hydrate by drinking water the evening before your reservation.
· Check the weather. Ice develops quickly near the top of the Incline after wintery weather events. Microspikes strongly recommended!
· Do you have proper clothes and footwear? Sneakers or sturdy hiking shoes are strongly recommended. Dress in layers.
· Visiting from a lower elevation? Allow your body to properly acclimate a few days before hiking the Incline.
· Due to safety reasons, dogs are not permitted on the Incline. Remember to leave your pet at home.
Plan to arrive in time to find parking and allow plenty of time to get to the base on the Incline. Parking is available at:
· Hiawatha Gardens Parking Lot located at 10 Old Man’s Trail.
o Free parking - Make sure to get a parking pass from the meter.
o The free shuttle runs from Hiawatha Gardens to the Incline every 10 minutes on the weekends, and every 20 minutes otherwise.
o View parking map
· Iron Springs Chateau Parking 444 Ruxton Ave.
o Fee-based parking - Make sure to get a parking pass from the attendant.
o Reservations recommended. ISC Hiking Parking
Proof of parking is required at check-in!
In response to COVID-19, please follow the guidelines below:
· Stay home when sick. Do not use the Incline if you or anyone in your household is exhibiting symptoms.
· Follow the CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to, during and after use of the Incline.
· Bring hand sanitizer to clean your hands.
· Face coverings are not required when using the Incline. However, when you cannot maintain a physical distance of 6-feet from members of other households, for example when passing others on the Incline or Barr Trail, face coverings should be used.
· Face coverings are currently required both indoors and outdoors in Manitou Springs through an emergency order when a distance of 6 feet cannot be maintained.
· While passing, warn other users of your presence before you pass, and step aside to let others pass.
· Smoking prohibited
· No pets allowed
· Littering prohibited
· Creation of rogue trails prohibited
· Open fires and burning prohibited
· Do not climb down the Incline. Use the Barr Trail for your downhill journey
· Stay on the trail at all times
· Do not feed any of the wildlife you encounter
· Respect other visitors; keep a safe distance whenever possible, and bring headphones if listening to music.
Categories: Manitou Incline Reservation
Add to Cart